Friday, March 7, 2008

Happy 3rd Birthday M!!



Today, March 7th, our sweet little man has turned 3 years old!!!  We are still in awe of what a precious gift he is from the Lord and praise God for the privilege it is to be his parents.  To celebrate this occasion I thought I would bullet some of the things we love most about M:
  • He's such an entertainer!  Two weeks ago at Sunday School, he got up with his "air guitar" and announced "Okay ev'ry buddy...I gonna lead music...We gonna sing about Jesus" and proceeded to sing "Santa Clause is coming to town!" at the top of his lungs...(we still have some work to do, I know)
  • He has such a tender heart.  This little boy who doesn't stop for ANYTHING will immediately come to our aid if hurt or expressing sadness of any kind...."Aww...you ok mommy??"
  • He is super, super smart! Now I know every parent thinks this, and I don't think he's quite ready for the Mensa High-IQ club yet...but he truly amazes us!  This morning he was teaching ME about the planets in our solar system!!  I always ask him, "Sweetie, who made you so smart??"  To which he responds with a grin, "God and Jesus!" :-)
  • He loves to give hugs and kisses.  I know this won't always be the case so I'm soaking it all up now and don't even want to imagine the day when this won't be the case!
  • He is becoming more independent everyday!  He can brush his own teeth and dress/undress himself.  Of course, this can sometimes lead to other issues (just see my previous blog) but it really frees up our hands and gives him such a sense of accomplishment.  I know this will also make a big difference when Hudson arrives. 
  • He loves school and learning and seems to make friends easily.
  • He loves to read and spell out the letters in words.  I know it won't be long before he's reading like a champ!
  • He can't wait to be a big brother!  He'll talk to my belly and say things like "Hi baby, I'm your big brother!" and "I can't wait to meet you!" and gives my belly kisses.  I'm glad he's gonna have a brother to grow up with!
  • He's such a happy kid!  Granted, he has his moments like everybody else, but really is such a joy and makes us laugh all the time.
God, thanks for our sweet boy.  Thanks for keeping him safe and healthy and for teaching us so much about ourselves in our daily calling to parent him and shepherd his little heart!  Thanks for using days like today to remind us of how much you've blessed us!

2 comments:

  1. So much fun... I love keeping up with you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It makes me so sad that he's 3 and you & Sarah have yet to meet him!! We must, must, MUST plan a get together...I still need to meet Kylie and Brodie too! Ya know, PA/DE has some pretty good weather in June!! :-)

    ReplyDelete