Sunday, April 27, 2008

Big News!


No, H hasn't arrived quite yet, but I do have other, exciting news to share with all of you.  For some time now my parents have been praying that God would open the doors that would allow them to move up to this area.  My Dad is originally from N.Jersey and my Mom is a Baltimore native.  They've lived in Florida most of their marriage and have spent the last 6 years in North Carolina.  They, of course, like any good Nana and PopPop have longed to be closer to their grandchildren and have been looking for job opportunities in the area.
Well, two weeks ago we learned of an opportunity for my Dad which he applied for and accepted which means they will be moving to the area!!  Praise God!  I'm so excited to have family close by again especially now that we have children and I know my parents are thrilled.
My Mom is currently researching nursing positions in the area as well.  
The biggest short term effect of all of this for Jeff and I is the fact that Dad has moved in with us temporarily.  He started his new job today, while my Mom still has to work out 30 days notice with her current employer AND the lease on their current apartment doesn't expire until mid-June.  Of course, they didn't want to have to pay for two places at the same time, so we offered to have Dad stay with us!
Boy are we about to have a full house! :-)
Please continue to be in prayer for all of us (especially for my Mom,  who is now by herself until the end of June).
Lots of exciting things happening around here!

No comments:

Post a Comment