Thursday, January 14, 2010

Haiti--Your Urgent Help is Needed!

I have been devastated watching and hearing the reports coming out of Haiti after the recent earthquake. These people already have so little and now their country lies in ruins and lives hang in the balance.
This tragedy is one that impacts my family and I on a more personal note as my sister-in-law Julie and her husband Rob just recently completed an almost 3 year journey of faith and adopted two 9-year old boys from Haiti. "A" and "J" lived in a wonderful, Christian orphanage very close to the epi-center of the earthquake and arrived home in the US just a week before Thanksgiving. I cannot begin to tell you how much I am praising God for sparing them and for bringing them home when He did!
My heart is breaking, however, for the many, many adoptive families who still have children living in Haiti AND for the people of Haiti as a whole as they have been impacted by this earthquake and the devastation to their country.
Please take a moment to visit the "For His Glory Orphanage" website and pray how you could help:
http://www.forhisgloryoutreach.org/home

My husband and I donated today out of deep sense of urgency to help these precious people who so desperately need all of our help.
Please consider doing whatever you can!!

No comments:

Post a Comment