Friday, October 9, 2009

Dinner Diary-Bowtie Festival

I'm still loving all the inspiration and great recipes I'm getting over at Tiffany's blog Eat At Home Cooks.  If you haven't had the chance to check it out--Go there NOW!  (Well, okay, maybe not RIGHT now, but as soon as you read this post, GO!)

Tonight I tried out her recipe for Bowtie Festival and it was a HUGE hit!  Don't you just love it when you can razzle and dazzle your family? Thanks Tiffany!

I wanted to share it here, but for detailed pictures (ours was gone so fast I didn't even get a chance to take a pic!) be sure to check out Tiffany's site!

Bowtie Festival:
1 box bowtie pasta
4 Tbs. butter
2 cups half & half
1/2 cup white wine (I could only find the non-alcoholic version, which was fine with me!)
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 red pepper, finely chopped
12 oz.pre-cooked bacon, diced
2 cups Parmesan, shredded
salt and pepper, to taste
1 tomato, finely chopped (I omited this since NONE of us like tomatoes!)

Boil the pasta according to the package directions.  In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat.  Add the onion and garlic, cooking until soft.  Add the red pepper, wine and bacon to the mix and cook for a minute.  (This kept the red peppers slightly hard, next time I may try cooking them longer.) Whisk in the half and half, then the cheese, allowing the cheese to melt.  Season with salt and pepper.

Drain the pasta and put it back in the cooking pot.  Pour the sauce over it and stir it together.
(Optional: Top with the chopped tomato.)

I served Caesar salad with ours and it was sooo good!

What have YOU been cooking up in the kitchen lately?  I'd love to hear!

No comments:

Post a Comment