Friday, September 25, 2009

Company and a Yummy Breakfast Treat

This weekend is a pretty big weekend in my household.  It has nothing to do with birthdays, or family members, anniversaries or traditions.  Well, actually now that I think about it, this event probably could be counted as a tradition.  A tradition that my husband looks forward to every year and one that we have been SOOOO blessed to recieve 4 free tickets to:  The annual meeting of the Penn State Nitany Lions with my husbands' beloved Iowa Hawkeyes.  Woot! Woot!!  Oh yeah, we are headed to Happy Valley, baby!
I've been hearing/reading alot of smack-talk going down between my husband and his Penn State buddies this week (we are pretty surrounded courtesy of living so close to Pennsylvania!) and I'm hoping that his Hawkeyes will pull off a victory.  Ya'll know my heart is still in Florida with my 'Noles, but hey, I love my hubby and thus root passionately for his team!  Go Hawks! 
We are taking our 4 year old with us and my Father in Law flew in tonight (all the way from IOWA!) just so he could travel with us to the big game tomorrow.  My son is soooo excited to go.  This will be his first time going to a REAL football game and he's been talking about it all week.

All that said, I wanted to have something on hand for us to eat in the morning without getting my kitchen too dirty before heading out.  We are trying to sell it for goodness sakes and it's sooo hard to keep everything "potential-buyer-clean" while still living in it!!

I remembered that I had a really yummy Egg Souffle recipe buried in one of my cookbooks and decided to dig it out and throw it together for tomorow.
I thought I would share it here as it's super easy to whip up and is soo good!  (This recipe was given to me by a sweet "host Mom" during our travels with our vocal group MISSION.)


Egg Souffle
6 slices of cubed bread
6 eggs slightly beaten
1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1 lb. of cooked sausage or bacon, drained and crumbled (I used two boxes of the pre-cooked bacon)
2 cups milk
1 tsp. dry mustard
1/2 tsp. seasoning salt or salt (I used salt since my FIL is deathly allergic to red pepper/chili pepper...no ER visits for us this weekend, thank you!)

 Beat eggs, add all other ingredients.  
Put in a casserole dish and refrigerate at least 12 hours.
Bake at 350 for 35 to 45 min. or until set in the middle.
Enjoy!

Here is a picture of it ready to be baked in the AM!  So easy and so good!
Be blessed!
~Jenn~

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jenn - you won my chalkboard label giveaway! Send me an email at ahomeinprogress@gmail.com so I know how to get you your labels. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete